Tuesday, January 26, 2010

J's Pizza Crust

Just made this - it turned out pretty tasty, although a bit gray in color (I might add yellow food coloring next time).  I made pizza and breadsticks.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp. yeast

350 grams wheat starch (you can use CamBrooke Foods or Dietary Specialties...I've used both)

1/3 cup Metamucil

1 TB. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

2 TB. sugar

1 1/4 cup water

1/2 cup coffee mate (liquid non-dairy creamer)

2 TB. veggie oil



Mix liquid ingredients and heat in microwave for 1 min. Add dry ingredients and mix into dough-form. Preheat oven at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 min. The, shut off the oven. Let dough sit in warm oven for 10 min on an oiled cookie sheet (or in a casserole dish....that's what I use to mix the dough). Remove from the oven. Knead the dough. Press into 18" pan. (Makes 2). Bake 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Add toppings and bake another 7 minutes. (I skip the baking for 7 minutes and then another 7 minutes because I use a pizza maker to cook it in, so you can do that too.....just spray the pizza maker with veggie oil, add dough, add toppings, and cook until lightly browned). Also, if you use the whole recipe, it makes an awesome deep dish pizza! I don't know the exact Phe, but I'm sure you can look it up. It's pretty low though....about 1 or 2 exchanges per slice (without toppings).

No comments: