40 grams sifted cake flour
50 gms JELL-O Instant vanilla pudding
270 gms wheat starch w/ ½ tsp xanthum gum
36 gms mayo
3 tsp. baking powder (15 gms)
57 gms mixed egg (1 large egg)
1/2 tsp. salt (3 gms)
17 gms egg yolk (1arge yolk)
¾ c. softened butter
2 tsp of good quality vanilla
1 c. sugar
270 grams of rice milk.
1. Grease two 9 inch baking pans with lots of butter and line with parchment paper that has also been greased.
2. Sift cake flour, wheat starch, xantum gum, baking powder, salt and jell-o pudding three to four times (or use triple sifter and do 1 time). Set aside.
3. Cut butter into 1 inch pieces and put them in a large bowl. Soften with a mixer on low speed. Increase the speed to medium high and cream until light in color, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. While still mixing, add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, taking about 6 to 8 minutes to blend it well.
4. Add egg yolk, blend for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl.
5. Add mayo, blend for 30 seconds.
6. Add mixed egg, again blending for 30 seconds. Add vanilla.
7. With the mixer on low, add about half of the dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated. Then alternate with the rice milk, starting and ending with the dry mix. Mix JUST until incorporated after each addition. In other words, add half of the rice milk, then 1/2 remaining dry mix, then the remaining rice milk. End with the remaining dry mix. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
8. Bake at 375 degrees, for 30-35 minutes, or until it begins to come away from the sides of the pan. Stick an uncooked piece of spaghetti into the middle of the cake, it should come out clean.
775 mg phe in cake.